… and also a virtue I think I can claim to posess for the first time in my life.
I’ve entered a new phase in my adulthood which includes
– homemade lasagna and one too many bottles of wine
– finally bringing up that thing at work that was eating me up inside
– biking to the other side of the city and back
– brunching, and having the time to stay for as many cups of coffee as we pleased
– a coveted dress that suddenly fits FABULOUSLY.
– the desire to experience my life a little slower.
I think, and I’m being hesitant with this one, that my anxiety might be gone. I’m still one of the most high-strung people I know, but I’m suddenly ok with life passing me by at a slower pace. It’s like I’m walking on the side of a really lovely river that moves slightly faster than walking speed, and I can get in and enjoy the ride, and easily get out and walk along the shore whenever I feel like it.
For now, there’ll be no walking, just another glass of wine after enjoying my first attempt at Risotto in over 6 years.