I am deeply saddened by what is happening in the Gaza Strip.
I have been trying to stay informed about it and these are some of the links to some videos and articles that have been informative for me. They are more in depth than news articles or news videos.
I will continue to update this post as more sources become available to me.
- Debate on War Crimes – From BBC NEWS: “Professor Iain Scobbie of SOAS and Harvard law Professor Alan Dershowitz debate if war crimes have been committed during the Gaza conflict. “
- The Case for War Crimes – From BBC NEWS: “Tim Whewell considers whether war crimes have been committed during the Gaza conflict. “
- Wikipedia defines War Crime – “”violations of the laws or customs of war”, including but not limited to “murder, the ill-treatment or deportation of civilian residents of an occupied territory to slave labour camps”, “the murder or ill-treatment of prisoners of war”, the killing of hostages, “the wanton destruction of cities, towns and villages, and any devastation not justified by military necessity”.
- NYTimes Article that changed my paradigm – Jan 12th – “Israelis United on Gaza War as Censure Rises Abroad ” I can’t say that I agree with the position of this article, but it certainly helped me to think about this conflict from the eyes of Israelis.
- A piece about media bias – this news source is linked to CNN, so I am hesitant to link to it. The following radio interview speaks about why the ‘bias’ is occurring.
- Radio Interview – Sanchia Berg reports on the death toll in Gaza and Israeli spokesman Mark Regev discusses civilian casualities. Sanchia Berg does a very good job of heavily questioning the reasoning for the journalistic ban/limitation. Israel is letting some journalists in, but not others. Sanchia Berg is very obviously angry. This is really interesting.
I’m getting a little bit tired of claims that what is happening in Gaza is acceptable because other countries have done the same things in other wars. I’m sorry, but how old were you when you learned that it is not ok to jump off a bridge because other people do so? The innocent people need to stop being targeted. That’s it.